Skip to content

Residence Permit

A residence permit is necessary for those wishing to stay in Denmark or Norway for more than 90 days   

The Embassy handles applications for residence permits for Denmark and Norway. For residence permits to Sweden, Finland and Iceland, kindly contact the respective embassies or relevant immigration authority. 

The application should be submitted in the applicant’s country of usual residence or home country. However, if this is not possible, and the applicant is staying legally in Singapore, the application may be submitted at the Royal Danish Embassy in Singapore. Please email to to enquire.

Entering Denmark or norway for work purpose

If you are visiting Denmark or Norway for work purpose, you must apply for a residence permit even if the stay is 90 days or less. There are exceptions to the rule.

For Denmark, more information can be found here.

For Norway, read about it here.